Scissors tell me I am asleep

 I have a lot of dreams in which I realise I'm asleep. They usually make a little more sense than this one, though.

I'm sitting in a kitchen at a breakfast bar. I remove a blanket from myself and get up and start talking to my mum. I tell her I think I might be asleep still. She says I'm awake, but I don't believe her. I spot a pair of scissors next to a vase of flowers. The scissors have been used to cut the stems. I reason they must be quite sharp, and in reality I'd be able to feel that or even hurt myself with them. But in a dream I wouldn't feel the right amount of pain. I pick up the scissors and press the blade into my palm. I can feel it, but it's not sharp. I definitely couldn't hurt myself with them. So I am dreaming! I tell my mum I am defiintely asleep "in that chair" and point to the chair I got up from earlier. Again she denies it. I tell her, pointing at her, that she only exists in my head, so if I know I'm dreaming, she knows it as well. I feel the satisfaction of solving a puzzle and winning an argument.

I was not asleep in a chair, I was in my bed with my cat snuggled next to me. I don't have a breakfast bar or know anyone who does.


I do feel pain in dreams sometimes although it doesn't normally match up with the dream properly - it's just pain I'm in as I'm lying in bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An odd twist on the classic tooth dream

A slightly disturbing adventure

Bird slippers