A slightly disturbing adventure
Two dreams to record here. The first is short, the second is longer and contains some disturbing content.
Dream One:
I have to sit a maths exam and an English exam. Both are very short on a very small (less than A5) booklet of paper. The last question in the English exam is about the Illiad. The maths exam has the following question "Greg has some tattooes. Does Greg have more than one tattoo?" and then tick boxes for yes or no. Others seem to have found this difficult but I found it easy.
Dream Two:
I am in some kind of art exhibition with an old school friend. For part of it, you can get on a boat and sail down a river of paint to make tracings of certain pictures on the walls. It's going to fast for me to really look at the artwork. We accidentally go around a second time and find there is different artwork. When I get off, there is a curator standing at the door, along with Benedict Cumberbatch. He is completely covered in tacky blue paint, including his eyeballs, and is eerily tall. I scream. He's in character, and clearly offended that I screamed. He introduces himself with a character name that has the word 'shit' in it, and says his whole body looks like that and that his nipples are craters. We continue the exhibition.
We later go into a darkened room to look at photos of the same character. He has clearly been tortured. His body has cuts
still healing as if someone had tried to mark him into sections - they are along his waist and along his armpits like they were trying to mark off his torso and arms. His
nipples have been removed, as have his genitals. All the wounds are
still stitched up and healing. I feel bad for screaming at him earlier.
We get back in the boat which is now a contained pod, more like a submarine, It's going into the lake to show how the lake is polluted with a parciular species of insect. They're swarming all over the window we're looking out of, and I am digusted. I shut my eyes, and begin to feel something falling onto my body. It's supposed to be the bugs, but I suspect they've simulated it with water. I try not to be grossed out and tell myself it's not real. An expert in this, who is also a friend of mine, then begins to talk about the bugs to the audience. My schoolfriend doubts that what he's saying is true, but I say he's very reliable. I'm not sure why I'm saying this as bugs are not his field of expertise, but I feel the need to defend him. My mouth is filled with 'bugs'. I spit them out and they are cooked lentils. So it's lentils, not water, that they've been throwing at us! We continue down the river and see an octopus.
We are then attacked by a squirrel puppet in CGI who starts gnawing on our foreheads, trying to get to our brains. I can feel him gnawing, and wonder how they've done this effect. A story then continues with several other effects like this including pain. After it finishes, I am in an aircraft with a lot of random people I know who are discussing how the special effects were done. Someone has found an instrument under the seat, and says it was warmed up and used to strike us. It's like a small gemstone in a metal holder. They have a word for it that I've never heard before. Someone asks if this was used at a particular point, and someone else says "No, that was defintiely an elastic band". I wonder how many times this person has been pinged with an elastic band to be able to pinpoint the sensation that precisely. All our trousers are down, and I feel it was taking things a bit far for the art project to remove our trousers but perhaps they needed that to cause mild pain effectively. Still, I say I've always wanted to create an art project like this and I'm really glad someone else has done it.
Comments
Post a Comment